How to Create an Account in WHM
This article discusses the process of creating a hosting account in WHM.
Creating an Account Manually in WHM
A successful login at WHM will redirect you to the default screen of WHM, where you will notice different features and options like cluster/remote access, server status, account information, account functions etc.
If you are using the WHMCS billing software, a Welcome email can be generated and sent to the client with all of the required account credentials.
- Click on the Account Functions tab where you will find the options like Creating New account, Skeleton Directory, Terminate an account, Limit bandwidth usage etc. Click on the New Account to create a new account.
- Please fill all the details for creating a new account.
- Domain - Please enter the account's primary domain name (i.e. primarydomain.com)
- Username - WHM creates an username automatically, based on the first 8 characters of the domain name that is entered. You may either use this auto generated username or create a username of your own. (username cannot start with a number)
- Password - Choose a password for the new account (8 characters minimum, alphanumeric and should not contain the username), or utilize the Password Generator to create a highly secure password.
- Here you will assign limits for the hosting account resources. You may set all the limits manually or select a preconfigured hosting plan that you have already created. By selecting the preconfigured plan/package, you can see that all the limits will be automatically set for the selected package.
- If you have a contact email address for the new customer, enter that in the contact email space provided. If you don’t have it, you can add that later, or the customer can add that through the user's cPanel. If the account requires a dedicated IP, enter that in the IP address section. Otherwise, leave the space as it is, and the account will be assigned your shared hosting IP.
- Click on the CREATE tab provided at the top of the page next to the RESET tab. Once you've clicked on the CREATE tab, you can see that the account has been successfully created.
Was this answer helpful?
View the Step-by-Step Tutorial for Setting up an Email Autoresponder in cPanel Shared Hosting.
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for changing the Style settings in cPanel...
This interface allows you to edit feature lists, which you can assign to packages that you apply...
If your website is using a shared hosting acount, you may have noticed the following error...
The /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct script terminates cPanel accounts from the command line....