This article provides a guide for how to login to WHM (Web Host Manager). This guide requires reseller or root-level server access.
How to Access WHM
To access WHM, enter the IP address or domain and the
2087 port in your preferred browser. For example:
https://198.51.100.1:2087— Access WHM over an encrypted connection with your IP address.
https://example.com:2087— Access WHM over an encrypted connection with your domain name.
In order to log into WHM, you must either be the
root user, or a user with reseller privileges.
How to Login to WHM (Web Host Manager)
To login to WHM (Web Host Manager), follow the steps provided:
You can log in with one of the following methods:
Use WHM Account
To log in with your WHM account, perform the following steps:
- Enter your WHM username in the Username text box.
- Enter your password in the Password text box.
- Click Log in. The WHM Home interface will appear.
If your account uses two-factor authentication (2FA), perform the following additional steps:
Open your preferred 2FA app in your smartphone to retrieve the six-digit security code.
Enter the six-digit security code that the app provides.
Use External Authentication for WHM
To log in with external authentication, perform the following steps:
- Click the button that corresponds to your external authentication identity provider (i.e. "Login with WHMCS").
- If you need to log in to the identity provider, the provider’s login interface will appear. Enter your authentication credentials.
- Authorize the provider to log in to the server, if needed.
The WHM login interface appears and displays a message that confirms that you authenticated with the provider.
If you already linked the identity provider to a single WHM account, the interface automatically logs you in.
If you already linked the provider to multiple WHM accounts, a new interface appears. Select the desired cPanel account or click Link Another Account to link another cPanel account.
If you need to link the identity provider to a WHM account, you will see the following message:
Your account is not associated with an existing "WHM" account. Please log in to connect the account.
You now know how to login to WHM (Web Host Manager).