Importing Custom Scripts into Softaculous
Importing an application
Softaculous enables you to import an existing application (for example, an application you installed manually). After you import an application, you can use Softaculous to do the following:
- Manage and automate updates for the site.
- Schedule automatic backups.
- Clone the site.
To run the import process, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type the name of the application you want to import, and then press Enter.Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane in the left sidebar. To do this, select an application category (for example, Blogs), and then select an application (for example, WordPress).
- Click Import. The Import Software page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// orhttps://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain where the application is installed.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where the application is installed.If you installed the application in the document root directory, leave the In Directory text box blank.
- Click Import. After Softaculous imports the application, you receive the following message:Congratulations, the software was imported successfully
- You can now manage the application as if you had installed it using Softaculous. For information about how to manage applications in Softaculous, please see this article.
Was this answer helpful?
This article demonstrates the process of using the white-label features in Softaculous...
This guide will show you how to quickly uninstall Softaculous software from your cPanel server....
This guide will show you how to download and install Softaculous on your cPanel/WHM server. To...