This article provides a guide for installing cPanel DNSONLY on CentOS 7. cPanel DNSONLY allows you to run a dedicated physical nameserver with a cPanel/WHM interface. cPanel DNSONLY is an ideal solution for utilizing the DNS Cluster in cPanel and WHM.
Requirements for Installing cPanel DNSONLY
In order to install cPanel DNSONLY, you must have the following:
- A VPS server or dedicated server with CentOS 7 installed. (Launch a KVM VPS)
- Root access to the server.
- NetworkManager must be disabled. (Read our guide: Disable NetworkManager in CentOS 7)
- Your server must have following ports open allowing traffic: 53, 953, and 2087.
- A properly-configured Ethernet device with a static IP address and fully-qualified hostname.
Installing cPanel DNSONLY
To install cPanel DNSONLY, perform the following steps on your CentOS 7 server:
- Login to your server as root via SSH.
- Run the following commands:
cd /home curl -o latest-dnsonly -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest-dnsonly sh latest-dnsonly
If your server is properly configured, the installation will run automatically for several minutes. When this process is complete, you can now login to WHM via your browser from https://YOURIP:2087/ or https://YOURHOSTNAME:2087/