How to backup / restore / cpmove from One cPanel Host to Another?
The best way to transfer cPanel > cPanel is to use the transfer tool:
Once the backup finishes, download it from your home directory
- Log into the cPanel account (end-user)
- Go to Files > Backup Wizard
- Select Backup
- Select backup directory (must be one of the following)
- Click Generate Backup
Then you import it via WHM on the new host:
You can only restore from WHM. If you are trying to restore TO a shared host, open a support ticket to have the support technicians complete this process.
- Search for cpmove
- Select Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File from the menu on the left
- Under Transfer Method, select Restore From File
- Browse and select the backup you created/downloaded in the previous step
- The remaining settings should be fine
- Click Restore
Feel free to contact support if you have any questions.
Was this answer helpful?
View the Step-by-Step Tutorial for Setting up an Email Autoresponder in cPanel Shared Hosting.
From within your WHM account, Navigate to SSL/TLS tab and select "Manage AutoSSL" Domain and...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for creating custom error pages in
Auto Detection: Supported systems JetMigrate will automatically recognize known systems such as...
A subdomain is a subsection of your website that exists as a subdirectory in your public_html...