How to backup / restore / cpmove from One cPanel Host to Another?
The best way to transfer cPanel > cPanel is to use the transfer tool:
Once the backup finishes, download it from your home directory
- Log into the cPanel account (end-user)
- Go to Files > Backup Wizard
- Select Backup
- Select backup directory (must be one of the following)
- Click Generate Backup
Then you import it via WHM on the new host:
You can only restore from WHM. If you are trying to restore TO a shared host, open a support ticket to have the support technicians complete this process.
- Search for cpmove
- Select Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File from the menu on the left
- Under Transfer Method, select Restore From File
- Browse and select the backup you created/downloaded in the previous step
- The remaining settings should be fine
- Click Restore
Feel free to contact support if you have any questions.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes the process of creating a Hosting Package in WHM. Create a package To...
A full backup is a backup of all of your entire cPanel Shared Hosting account (files, email,...
WHMCS requires a setting on the MySQL or MariaDB server for the SQL Mode. To verify this, log...
Overview This page will display the language codes for scripts that can be installed in various...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for changing the Primary Language settings...