How to backup / restore / cpmove from One cPanel Host to Another?
The best way to transfer cPanel > cPanel is to use the transfer tool:
Once the backup finishes, download it from your home directory
- Log into the cPanel account (end-user)
- Go to Files > Backup Wizard
- Select Backup
- Select backup directory (must be one of the following)
- Click Generate Backup
Then you import it via WHM on the new host:
You can only restore from WHM. If you are trying to restore TO a shared host, open a support ticket to have the support technicians complete this process.
- Search for cpmove
- Select Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File from the menu on the left
- Under Transfer Method, select Restore From File
- Browse and select the backup you created/downloaded in the previous step
- The remaining settings should be fine
- Click Restore
Feel free to contact support if you have any questions.
Was this answer helpful?
This guide will show you how to download and install Softaculous on your cPanel/WHM server. To...
This article demonstrates the process of using the white-label features in Softaculous...
A subdomain is a subsection of your website that exists as a subdirectory in your public_html...
This article will provide a guide for setting the nameservers your domain points to. Setting or...
This tutorial is designed to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with cPanel license errors....