How to Add Files to a Website
The easiest and most preferred method for uploading files to your website is to use an FTP Client.
The first thing you need to do is find an FTP client. A popular (and free) FTP client is called FileZilla.
1. Download FileZilla: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
2. Install FileZilla.
3. Run FileZilla.
4. In the "Host" field, enter your domain name.
5. In the "Username" field, enter your cpanel username.
6. In the "Password" field, enter your cpanel password.
7. Leave port set at "21" or if you leave it blank this will be default.
8. Click "Quick Connect"
The LEFT side shows the files on YOUR PC. The RIGHT side shows the file on your server. Double-click the "public_html/" or the "www/" folder on the RIGHT side. This is the "root" of your website. All you need to do is find the files you want to upload on the LEFT side of the screen and drag them to the RIGHT. This will then upload the files to your website.
Was this answer helpful?
Overview Your DNS cache stores the locations (IP addresses) of web servers that contain web...
This article will provide a guide for setting the nameservers your domain points to. Setting or...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for updating contact information in cPanel...
This video provides Step-by-Step Instructions to Login to cPanel Shared Hosting account.
This article outlines how to create an Alias Domain in cPanel Adding a Domain Alias To add a...