Configure FileZilla FTP Client
When configuring FileZilla, you will download an XML file and import it to your FileZilla client. To configure the FileZilla FTP client:
- Click the Configure FTP Client link that corresponds to the FTP account you wish to use to connect to your FTP server.
- Click the FTP or SFTP link to download the XML file. We recommend that you use SFTP whenever possible, as it is generally more secure than FTP. Note: This step will over-write any previous XML configuration file without warning.
- Open your FileZilla FTP client.
- Select the Import option from the File menu (File ⇀ Import).
- Select the XML file you have just downloaded and click OK.
- Click OK on the resulting Import Successful window.
- To open a connection to your FTP server, select the Site Manager feature from the File menu (File ⇀ Site Manager).
- Select your domain from the Select Entry menu.
- Click the Connect button to connect to your FTP server.