Invalid WHMCS License Error
This article describes the steps to overcome invalid WHMCS license error, which obstructs access to WHMCS Admin area.
WHMCS License Invalid
In certain circumstances, you may face an error screen when attempting to access the WHMCS Admin area (/home/user/public_html/whmcs/admin). If you encounter this issue, the license error will need to be addressed before you will be able to regain access to the Admin area.
Causes of License Error
This can arise from a number of common issues:
- The license key was not entered correctly to begin with
- The domain used to access WHMCS has changed
- The IP address of the WHMCS installation has changed
- The directory of the installation has changed (i.e. from yourdomain.com/clients to yourdomain.com)
Resolving the Issue
- Re-enter the license key (available in your Hosting Dashboard)
- Verify that the correct domain is being used (not a Domain Alias)
- Open a Support Ticket in the Hosting Dashboard to have the license reissued (required if the installation was migrated to new domain or directory)
Was this answer helpful?
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for setting up administrator roles within...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for configuring the currency settings from...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for setting up the support departments in...
Slow WHMCS domain lookups are a source of frustration for some clients, as this, in turn, leads...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for setting up the WHMCS cron job to...