How to Generate/Download a Full Backup in cPanel
A full backup is a backup of all of your entire cPanel Shared Hosting account (files, email, databases, etc.). To run a full backup, you can not download the full backup right away. The backup takes time to perform and the server will send you an email once the backup is ready to download. Below are steps to requesting the backup to be performed.
If you would like to download the backup from cPanel (easiest way), please do the following:
- Click Backups
- Click Generate/ Download Full Backup
- In the drop down menu, select Home Directory
- In the box to the right of Email Address, type the email address where you will receive notification once the back up is done.
- Leave the rest of the settings blank.
- Click Generate back up.
- This will generate the back up for you and place the TAR.GZ file inside of your Home Directory.
- You can now download the backup via cpanel / FTP/ or SSH
- Click Backups
- Click Generate/Download a Full Backup
- Under "Backups Available for Download", click the link with the file name of the backup.
- It will then start to download.
- Select a destination on your PC for where you would like to save it to.
- Click Save
Was this answer helpful?
This article will provide a guide for setting the nameservers your domain points to. Setting or...
This article will provide a step-by-step guide to fix incorrect account quotas and disk usage on...
This articles discusses some of the properties related to Reseller Hosting accounts. What...
This video provides Step-by-Step Instructions to Login to cPanel Shared Hosting account.
This tutorial is designed to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with cPanel license errors....