Create Site Backup Using Backup Wizard
For new users of cPanel the easiest method of backing up your site is to use the Backup Wizard, which we will describe to you in this article.
To backup your site, first you will need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click the 'Backup Wizard' icon, which can be found in the Files section of your cPanel home screen.
2. You then have the option of Backup or Restore, as we are backing up the site click on the 'Backup' button.
3. Next you need to decide whether you want to do a full backup or a partial backup of your site.
CREATE FULL BACKUP
1. Click the 'Full Backup' button.
2. Select the destination for the backup from the following options:
a) Select 'Home Directory' to store the files on your web server.
b) Select 'Remote FTP Server' or 'Secure Copy (SCP)' to store the files on a remote machine.
Note: If you select either of these options, you will need to fill in the fields relating to your Remote Server.
c) Skip this step if you wish to download the file to your computer.
3. In the 'Email Address' field enter your email if you wish to be informed when the backup is finished.
4. Click the 'Generate Backup' button.
5. Click the filename in the 'Backups Available for Download' field to save a copy to your computer.
CREATE PARTIAL BACKUP
1. Select the Partial Backup you require by clicking 'Home Directory','MySQL Databases' or 'Email Forwarders & Filters,
2. Click the required link on the following page to store the information to your computer.
Was this answer helpful?
This articles discusses some of the properties related to Reseller Hosting accounts. What...
Mailing lists allow you to use a single address to send mail to multiple email addresses. Create...
To check a cpanel license run command: /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt Example Successful...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for creating custom error pages from...
This video tutorial provides Step-by-Step instructions for using Cron Jobs to automate tasks in...