What is an Autoresponder?
An autoresponder is a pre-configured email response that is sent automatically by an email address when an email is received. Autoresponder can range greatly in complexity of output as well as configuration. For this guide, we will create a generic "out of office" example.
How to Add an Autoresponder in Webmail
To create an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Webmail interface (https://example.com:2096)
- From the email@example.com menu at the top right corner of the interface, select Autoresponders.
- Click Add Autoresponder.
- Choose the character set in which to send the email from the options in the Character Set text box.
- Enter the interval, in hours, for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address.
- Enter your name in the From text box.
- Enter the message's subject in the Subject text box.
- If you wish for the email to display HTML code, select the HTML checkbox.
- Provide a body for your message, for example:
I am out of the office until July 2nd. You can reach me on my cell phone in case of emergencies.
- Select a start time.
- Select a stop time.
- Click Create/Modify to save the autoresponder.
All email messages to your email account will receive this autoresponse until you remove it.