How to Change Root Password Using SSH
This article explains the method of changing the root password on a Linux Server using SSH.
- SSH the server as Root user.
- Run the following command:
# passwd root
- You will see the following output:
- Changing password for user root.
- New password: (Enter Desired Password)
- Retype new password: (Retype Desired Password)
- passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
Your password has now been changed and will be required to access the server as root user for any subsequent connections.
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial is designed to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with cPanel license errors....
This article provides the Operating System compatibility requirements for the Web...
If you are setting up WHM basic configuration, see step 1. If you have already completed WHM...
This article explains the process of binding multiple IP addresses to the Network Interface Card...
If you have recently ordered a dedicated server with greater than 16 IPs (equivalent to a /28...